Friday, February 11, 2011

to the Power of the Egyptian People!

What an exciting time in history! What an amazing explosive jubilation! It was a sudden thrilling shock to me to find out when I returned to my office after class, opened my computer to watch AJE to find out what was happening in Egypt, and heard the short speech by Suleiman saying Mubarak has resigned.

I was stunned. Speechless. Oh, my. Oh, my.

The crowds are ecstatic! I am listening to the outpouring of emotions and it is indescribable. There is a swell of jubilation, a wave, an ongoing outpouring of 30 years of fears and tears being released like an explosion into a new possibility; I don't even think there is a word for it, nor could I even begin to explain what Egyptian people are feeling at this moment.

Watching the crowds in Tahrir Square is very emotional. I am overwhelmed by this moment, by the success of people, by the power of the people, by the power of non-violent means, by the sheer determination of the Egyptian people through non-violence to make REVOLUTION happen.

Where were you when the Egyptian Revolution succeeded? When Egypt was re-born through the power of its people? I will remember this day forever.

Mark this day on your calendar; it's a day of positive change not only for the Egyptian people or the Middle East but for the world. Who said revolution was dead?

This historic revolution will light up the whole world.

3 comments:

Ari said...

The Egyptian people had a great birthday present to you ! You get your Xmas presents at Xmas eve now you got your birthday present at birthday eve.

Merche Pallarés said...

Amazing people the Egyptians!!! I'm so happy for them! We'll see what happens from now on. Hugs, M.

northshorewoman said...

Isn't the news inspiring and uplifting? I hope all the best for the Egyptian people on the road forward to democracy.