Saturday, December 27, 2008

a cyber saha through the West Bank

I went for a cyber walk through parts of the West Bank today. I was not expecting to, but in the manner of a saha, I aimlessly wandered there with my mouse.

I did not go for my walk this morning. I had decided instead to do some yoga and then I got on my rebounder and jumped in front of the tv. The news, however, made me too upset as I wonder, how much more can the Gazan people withstand? And the Israelis say their assault has only begun? Is this how a year ends and a new one begins? The Israelis' bloody inhumanity is like a crown of thorns they lay on the world.


Palestine Walks: Vanishing Landscape.
Slide show with Raja Shehadeh narrating excerpts from his book Palestinian Walks: Notes on a Vanishing Landscape (2007).


Walking beside Apartheid Wall. directed by Ameer Qaiman and music by Tarek of Al Quds University.

3 comments:

Merche Pallarés said...

What's a "saha"??? Too bad I read it just now after the terrible massacre of Gaza. What a way to end the year! Hugs, M.

northshorewoman said...

Merche, you have to click on the 'saha' that is bolded to find the interview with Shehadeh, who explains the concept. He speaks of it as a tradition of just going out to walk about the landscape with no destination in mind.

Safiyyah said...

Thank you for this post! I have linked to it on my blog to call attention to it. Also put it on my FB page :)