Sunday, December 6, 2009

more cold in the forecast

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly water freezes.
the exact same spot 2 weeks ago

Musti at the same shoreline 2 weeks before the hard frosts and temperature drop.
The path to the shore of Lake Superior today. The creek is already ice and snow covered. The shadows are getting longer as the sun stays low in the sky.
serene last week
-16c moved in last night, following a week of steadily decreasing temperatures
the lookout under which a muskrat went to hide last week

Standing on the lookout today; maybe he's under the boards?

Shop til you drop...literally. Drop the shopping cart in the lake.
Looping back with the dogs, I saw a trio of Canada Geese fly onto the lake.

4 comments:

casa da poesia said...

yeah!...I will sing!...

Merche Pallarés said...

The shopping cart in the lake!! How uncivic can people get! Nice pictures. Hugs, M.

Ari said...

"More not cold in our forecast"
Last week when I started walking towards Pasila station in Helsinki, I had to stop, I heard something strange, was that a hallusination, where am I, who am I, what in the h... was that, is it summer now, should I call 112 ???
It was a great concert of blackbirds in the beginning of December. Blackbirds usually sing in spring or summer.

northshorewoman said...

Castle of poetry, I will visit and read some of the poetry that you have posted.

MP, shopping carts are everywhere abandonned here!

Ari, so Finland's climate is confused, too. It is really disorienting. The day that I walked back from this walk, I noticed buds on a willow tree by the creek! We had had 3 relatively mild weeks in November that confused the trees--for sure those buds are frozen now.