Thursday, July 31, 2008

Street Step Circuit ~ downtown Port Arthur


click on image to enlarge

This is a map I sketched as part of mapping the places I walk (and run!). It was part of the bioregional mapping I did for last month's contribution to my writing group, RedShoes on Court. I call this map the Street Step Circuit because it's all about running up the many stairs around downtown Port Arthur. This is a great --and challenging workout -- for getting the heart pumping and the lungs into optimum health! This area of town (downtown P.A.) used to be, many millions of moons ago, the shore of the ancient lake that preceded Lake Superior, so there are a lot of steep hills and sudden inclines. Last time I did the circuit, I did the loop in 35 minutes, but I must've had a lot of energy that morning!

No comments: